(I’m really writing this just as a test of Windows Live Writer).
I read some books and saw some movies:
Movies in the last two weeks:
- "The Wrestler." It’s as depressing, and as well-done, as you think. With an 80s soundtrack not to be beat.
- "Watchmen." True enough to the source for me.
- "Rachel Getting Married." I’m still a little nauseated from the camerawork. I’m not kidding about that. Great performances trapped in a film that was almost unwatchable.
- "Frost/Nixon." Strangely not as righteous as I was expecting. But I love Tony Blair, they should give him more acting jobs.
- "Slumdog Millionaire." Yep. And as my finale, I, too, will break into a dance number, and then win some deserved Oscars.
Books in the last two weeks:
- The Return of Depression Economics by Paul Krugman. It’s a narrative explanation of why we are now where we are now, and why it’s just as bad or worse than we think. Highly recommended.